Friday, May 9, 2008

I Was A Cinderella Tonight

As our first foray into home video on our blog, we proudly present Ellie Carpenter in her Broadway debut, "I Was A Cinderella Tonight." Ellie wrote and performed this moving drama in the bathtub the other day and we could not help but share it. You may think that it is getting repetitive while watching, but we encourage you to press on as Ellie presents complex emotional and thought provoking lyrics mixed with good old fashioned cleaning throughout the performance. Enjoy!


10 comments:

Unknown said...

TC, I love the fam, but I just wasted 4 minutes if my life

The Elliott's Adventures said...

your kids are much better behaved in the tub than ours are.

JTP said...

loved the song...and you must have the cleanest bathtub in town- can I borrow her to clean our bathroom?

mama becca said...

LOVE IT

Matt Niemitz said...

I don't seeing this stuff - it makes me sad that I have missed her growing up into such an entertainer!

Lauren said...

that is stinkin hilarious. did she know you all were taping?
watch out miley...

Anonymous said...

That video is incredible. She has obviously really studied singing styles as she's listened to music. Is that an actual song that someone has recorded? If so, I want to listen to it to see all the ways that Ellie changed it up and made it her own.

KCG said...

Very cute. That girl's got talent.

Carpenter Family said...

no she had no idea we were taping! we were talking in the other room when we realized, hey she's over there singing and has been for some time, let's tape it!

Lori said...

Wasn't there some line about tomatoes being good for the body? Hilarious child you have. So funny.