Monday, November 19, 2007

I've Got the Dossier Blues


Friends, we are in the final stages of our paperwork and its a big ol' stage! The Dossier is the portion of paperwork that gets translated and sent to Ethiopia. Everything on it must be perfect, no room for the slightest error. It is hard because your so close to being done with this portion of the adoption that you almost want to pick up the pace. However, if you get careless, then you pay for it with time and money on the hind end (if you do something wrong.) I scanned and sent copies of a few papers that I already finished and our sweet case worker let me know that three of the four I sent her had to be redone.

I was crushed, and felt totally defeated. How could I have already messed them up so bad. Well thank goodness she told me now and I didn't find out after I had already sent them. However, I was too far gone in self pity to really get my hands around that. I lost focus and forgot who this was for and what this was about. It was about me, doing it right. It was not about our precious son that is being created and hand selected by Jesus to join our family and all the people along the way who are making that possible. I had forgotten that in His perfect timing He orchestrates everything together for our good. Friends I was reminded of God's reassuring words in Psalm 139, please read in full when you have the time, but I will give you a taste:

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I priase you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made: your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:15-16


Maybe this is why my scanner was having problems......

2 comments:

mama becca said...

Oh honey, this is only the beginning of many problems you will endure- it's inevitable with adoption. I know, not so encouraging! But actually, it IS encouraging to know that we'll screw up over and over, and eventually all the paperwork will be ready to go. It's almost freeing! It's hard, but you'll get through it!!! Remember to call/email me with any questions you have...
blessings!!!
becca

Anonymous said...

[wiping tear from corner of eye]
beautifully stated.