Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pressure to Blog


We have been blogging now for about 3 months and we absolutely love it. I don't know if it is the ability to share thoughts, ideas and stories so easily with friends and family that we love or the idea that we are able to produce content that people actually enjoy reading or can benefit from. Regardless of the reason, we really like blogging and hope that you are continuing to enjoy the Carpenters Chaos.

That said, there are a few negative sides to blogging. One is the pressure for new, cool and funny or thought provoking material. Most of the time we have plenty of stuff coming from our life, but every now and again we hit a slump where we are either too busy or our life is too boring to fill a new post. We should probably be fine with that, but when we look around the blogging universe, it seems like anything less than a new post every other day is simply not good enough. We are wrestling with this, but I think we are netting out on the side of quality rather than quantity. So, as long as you (the reader) promise to keep checking in on us, we promise to keep writing good material on our blog. Whew... I feel so much better.

One other negative is the amount of time we now get sucked into reading other peoples blogs. It could seriously be a full time job, but we have found such great joy and insight from this new venue that we don't want to stop. It is probably one of those things you just have to balance, but there seem to be new and interesting blogs showing up every day. All to say, that our new hobby will likely increase, which only benefits you, the reader.

Regarding a quick Carpenter update, there is not much new to report. Ansley Mills is talking more and more these days and seems to operate like a foreigner who speaks no English, only nodding and grinning wildly whenever you guess what she is trying to say. Also, we are in the process of looking at 3-year old pre-school for Ellie, which is a post in itself. Other than that, our adoption is moving forward, albeit slowly, and Leah and I remain the most in-love couple in the greater Washington DC area!

Peace Out....

7 comments:

Adoption Cubed said...

I think you are handling the "blog pressure" quite well! I have enjoyed following your blog and hearing about your family adventures. Keep up the blogging - I want to read how the journey continues!

Rebecca

The Trone's: James, Misty, and Bella Grace said...

carpenters- that cartoon is hilarious! i have loved keeping up with your adoption process... i cannot wait to see him!

RB said...

we love reading your blog. any more products your can recommend??? we are so excited about your adoption and hope that referral letter comes soon!!!

KCG said...

You think THAT'S pressure. Just wait until you have THREE kids in the house and A.M. starts to experience middle child syndrome and Ellie wants to date a boy named Thor with a nose chain.

KCG said...

You think THAT'S pressure. Just wait until you have THREE kids in the house and A.M. starts to experience middle child syndrome and Ellie wants to date a boy named Thor with a nose chain.

Lori said...

That cartoon is hilarious and TRUE. I keep my little camera in my purse at *all times* so I can get blog fodder that I find interesting, and Ted tells me that I see the world a lot of times through my blogging eyes. We'll be in the middle of something, and he'll say, "You're going to blog this, aren't you?"

Unknown said...

It does suck sometimes not having new material for a blog. I start writing about my current emotion(s) (which can be gloomy sometimes but hey, it makes it interesting) or I'll post the lyrics of a song that means something to me. I don't know. Whatever it is I do, it keeps some people coming back for more...