Friday, January 11, 2008

TGI(TV)F!!

A tradition that has fast become one of every body's favorites is TV Friday! Throughout the week, our days are spent at home sans any entertainment from the television. However, when Friday rolls around we shamelessly let the set burn all day. We start with a bit of the Today Show but quickly pursue "Ellie shows." I know the credits are rolling when I hear, "it's not over, another show is coming on mommy don't worry, I'll keep watching." I appreciate her update as I become terribly afraid it will come to a premature end.

Along with TV Friday comes breakfast in the living room. More often than not it's cheerios and sippy cups that end up all over the first floor, but hey, it's Friday. I can really see how easy it is for TV to become a mainstay during the waking hours. As of 11 o'clock this morning I had already done two loads of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, prepped for dinner, made hummus, fresh bread, checked email, talked to my mom, talked to Tom's mom, made beds, brushed teeth, and gone to the bathroom! This may not sound like much to you productive types, but when you have two small ones making constant requests and demands, starting and completing a task is just about glorious. Now before you get that idea that I am some domestic goddess, be assured, I only shave my legs when prompted by, "honey I feel like I am sleeping with a man."

But traditions are fun, and I hope our kids think fondly of the traditions we've started and are encouraged to start some when they have their own families.



0 comments: