Tuesday, January 8, 2008

More Coversations with Ellie


I promise this blog is not simply going to become a, "kids say the craziest things" audition, but Ellie has been saying some great things lately and I thought people would like to know what is on her mind.

On Sunday afternoon, Ellie emerged from her "nap" to tell me she needed to go to the potty. As usual, I headed upstairs, first to tell her that immediately after the potty she was going back to bed, and then to help her use the Potty. Ellie is working on doing this by herself, but we are not quite there yet.

So, Ellie sits down and to go Potty and the following conversation ensues:

Me: "Ellie, do you need some privacy or do you want me to close the door?"
Ellie: "No daddy, I'm fine. Just stay in here with me."
Me: "Ok, but it is good to close the door when we use the potty so lets do that."
Ellie: "Ok. You and I will have some "privatesy" together."
Me: "Sounds good. Are you almost done?"
Ellie: "No, I got some poo poo coming."

A few seconds of silence ensues

Ellie: "Daddy, I like looking at poo poo."
Me: "Well that is ok, but poo poo is kinda yucky."
Ellie: "No... its kinda good I think."
Me: "Ellie, do you know where poo poo comes from."
Ellie: "Nope."
Me: "Well, poo poo is the waste our body produces after it uses all the food that we eat."
Ellie (Almost singing): "And then it comes out and Jesus loves it!"
Me: "I think that's right..."

Regardless how Ellie understands key tenants of the Gospel, I am just glad she gets it!

6 comments:

KCG said...

Cute, but I think I'll avoid reading "Carpenters' Chaos" on my lunch break.

hollagrigga said...

gah this is so profound. i've read it about everyday since you posted it. can i please put it up on my blog! seriously.

Lori said...

Your daughter is profound. Jesus does love the poo poo.

mama becca said...

Tom,

My little Leah thinks it's the greatest thing when I go pee pee on top of her poo poo. Cracks me up.

I've been aloof, but thanks for the shout out on your blog, and thanks for your support. We are excited for you guys. And praying often for you.

Zach

Lori said...

Ah, I just realized that you guys are the Carpenters of the poo-poo loving Ellie. Awesome. I've told this story a couple of times.

~Laura~ said...

This could be one of the funniest blog posts I've ever read. Yes, Jesus loves our poop! :)

BTW, We're adopting from Gladney as well. Just went on the wait list on Monday. WOO HOO!! :)

Looking forward to following your blog.