Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Super Tuesday!

Friends as many of you know, we have TV Friday and celebrate other days with various names. For instance, we have Super Tuesday. To set this day apart from other days we have had a girl's night out or done a special activity with the kids. However, yesterday marked an all new Super Tuesday.

While Ansley Mills was waking from her nap, Ellie demanding a cupcake and other such chaos that appropriately happens between the hours of 4-6pm, I grabbed the phone without even checking the caller ID (and yes I am sorry I do screen my calls at times, but never when its my mom..hehehe). There was this little sweet voice that could not help but sound excited. It was our case worker in Texas. My first thought, "Crap, what paperwork did I mess up or what is she going to tell me about paperwork that is about to expire and be redone..." Instead she asked if Tom was home.

Me: "He's still at work"
Her: "We'll I need to know how you want to do this because I have some very exciting news for you.... "
Me: "No you don't"
Her: "Yes I do"
Me: "No you don't, you do, no you don't wait.. no this can't be"

And this went on for several rounds before I was able to move on to the next part. I called Tom and asked him if he had time for a conference call. "With who?" I said never mind get in the car and get home as fast as you can because we just got some news! After several calls wondering where he was and talking the whole way home because if I was not talking to him I was going to explode, he finally came and I knew nothing other than we had to call back and get the details of our son.!

Once Tom arrived, we prayed. We just had to go before the Lord and say thanks, prepare us for what we are about to hear and see. We sat in front of the computer and called our case worker. She said okay I am sending the email. Tell me when you get it.... Seriously, our computer would not connect to the Internet. I mean for the love! So while we rebooted we asked her to just start telling us details because we could not take another second of waiting. Friends all I can say is our hearts warmed and melted. This little fella is our baby boy! We both welled with tears once our computer was cooperating and see this little picture and just start to melt. More details can be made known once we have had a successful court date, but in the meantime dear friends, please pray with us, celebrate with us and support us as we embark on the next stage of this journey.

We need a successful court date!!!!!!!!!

To sum it up, the courts close in two to three weeks for the rainy season for two months. What are the chances of getting a date and getting a thumbs up from the government before they go on their break. Well, that is up for the Lord to decide. But know this, our boy is healthy, smiley and all ready in the Gladney private facility getting love from great great people.

Thank you all for walking with us on this journey. More details to come soon.

20 comments:

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Woo Hoo!
Such AMAZING news!
Congratulations on your new blessing, a baby boy!
Blessings,
Kristy

Shelly Roberts said...

email me .... I might have pics of your sweet boy from our recent trip to Ethiopia. Blessings!!~ Shelly robertsfamily@mlgc.com

Shelly Roberts said...

email me .... I might have pics of your sweet boy from our recent trip to Ethiopia. Blessings!!~ Shelly robertsfamily@mlgc.com

Kristin Vanzant said...

Congratulations Carpenters!!!
SO excited for you all!!!

Love,
Kristin Vanzant

Tracy said...

Oh wow! How exciting!!! Congratulations.

Sam said...

oooh very exciting congrats!!!

The Trone's: James, Misty, and Bella Grace said...

My heart is overjoyed right now! I cannot even imagine how excited you are right now to know that YOUR LITTLE BOY is waiting for you. This makes me even more excited about trudging through this paperwork before us- it is WORTH IT to have a little smiling boy smiling at you on a computer screen, knowing that he is waiting for you to take him home. I am overwhelmed with emotions... Keep sharing so I can be urged on to not give up!!! Love you all!!!

HelloRachel said...

I'm so excited for you guys! We will be praying for you! Rachel D.

emily said...

Congratulations!! Wonderful news. :)

mama becca said...

I AM FREAKING OUT OVER HERE!!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!!!
WE LOVE YOU!!! PRAYING FOR A COURT DATE!!!

CHRISTY said...

Congratulations! What fun news. I'm hoping it's smooth sailing for you guys from here!

I loved your King's Island post- I can't remember a summer from about 7-21 that I didn't make at least 1 trip there. I agree, the Beast is definitely the best coaster- period! We took my kids there a few years ago and I have to say, I missed the Smurf ride!

Emy said...

Congratulations! Hope your court date is super fast!

Shawn and Jami said...

So exciting...enjoy every moment:)

The Soucys said...

Congratulations! We just passed court- you can send me an SD card if you'd like me to take pictures of your sweet boy! jsoucy15@yahoo.com
I'm so happy for your family!

coffeemom said...

OH BOY!!!!!! YOu started my morning w/ a pricking of tears and joy. SO happy for you!! What a thrill!!! Email me w/ details and pic if you like and I'll search our pics. I'm not always successful but we've got a bunch and it's worth a shot!

amy-o said...

Congrats! I don't think I've posted a comment on your blog before, but have been following it! Looking forward to more updates!

Susan and Chad said...

More good news - what a wonderful day for you - congrats!

Kimberly Baggett said...

what a wonderful story! congratulations! i am so happy for you guys and hoping for a court date before the rainy season! blessings!

DCEmily said...

I am SO happy for all of you and can't wait to meet your son in the nursery.

my prayers are with your family,
emily

Claire said...

Leah & Tom--I've been blog-stalking you for a while via Lauren. Trent and I just returned from a short-term mission to an orphanage in China and have developed a heart for orphans through that experience. Adoption is truely a gift from the Lord, a solution to something that has gone so wrong in the world. You two are doing an amazing thing by adopting a sweet little boy and we are praying fo you!!! Love and Blessings! ~Claire Webb