Thursday, August 7, 2008

Some Details


Mussie at 3 months

Yesterday was so crazy and we were so overjoyed that we could only muster a short post with the news of passing court. However, I know many of you have questions about our little boy and so we wanted to pass along more details about this joyful little fellow.

His given name at this point is Mussie Yirgalem (pronounced Mussay). I say "given" because he was found abandoned in a rural area by a local woman and estimated at the time to only be a day old. Mussie means "Moses" and was obviously given to him based on his circumstances. His last name, Yirgalem, is the name of the town he was sent to after he was found and brought to the local police station. As I mentioned yesterday, we are still in the process of talking about names, so Mussie is it for now.

His birthday, or at least the date we are going to use is March 1. He is healthy and apparently quite the smiler. Further, he has had the unique privilege of being at a foster care house nearly his whole life and has been loved and cared for by so many wonderful people. We are thankful for this blessing.

We will keep everyone updated as we get reports on him, but for now, here is the report we got from one of his caregivers earlier this week:

“Mussie is definitely getting stronger and is intensely happy! Every time I make a funny comment, I can count on a big grin! Mussie just makes you feel good! It would be okay if he did not, but he does! His big grins make me laugh and then I make another funny comment and so on! Up to the end of the 4th month on his developmental chart, he still needs to: object if you take a toy away, sit without support, razz (make a wet razzing sound), and keep head level with body when sitting. I tried working with him for an extra long time on the ‘sit without support’. Mussie was giving me slobbery kisses on my hand while I was holding him up! Weight is 14.33 pounds and Mussie has no current medical conditions.”

10 comments:

graceling said...

He's a nice, big boy! My little Anna is 16 months old tomorrow, and she only weighs in at 17.84 pounds!

Mussie is so cute- can't wait to meet him in a few short weeks!

Dr. K.Lo said...

So excited to meet him!
Um, would y'all update your blogger profile, as you now ARE a family of FIVE!!

Unknown said...

I know that I don't have a vote, but for the record, I like Mussie

mama becca said...

You're going to have to hold me back... or I might jump on that plane and go with you... he's so stinkin cute...

The Trone's: James, Misty, and Bella Grace said...

Keep them coming!!! LOVE reading about him... I could read all day.

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

I am just catching up on blogs and so thrilled to read about all the good news.

Congrats on your new son.

God is good!!!!!!

Brooke G. said...

WOW!!! his amazing personality is already seen through those big eyes and smile. How awesome!
Congrats and Thanks be TO GOD!

Katy Zinn said...

It's MIA using Katy's log in...we're working on getting me set up on my own account. My vote is for Mussie because I already have things monogrammed. What kind of dog does he want for Christmas?
XOXO,
Mia

Mia said...

I am back and I will keep in touch. The check is in the mail. Love Mia

Anonymous said...

Spencer and I have been on vacation this week and are just getting back to your blog this morning. We are so happy to hear this news and see all the pictures and read the updates! I just read the caregiver's report out loud to Spencer. We are both so happy for you, Tom, and the girls! We are sad we'll miss you when we are in DC Sept. 12 - 14, but we look forward to meeting him on our next visit!