Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's Official

Well, it's official... No, we are not announcing a new member to our family. We had our first official run to the ER last week. Ellie was not getting ready for school and instead decided to jump off and on some cushions. In a total mom moment i said, "Ellie stop horsing around or your going to get hurt, we need to get ready for school." As I said that, I was starting to pick up the cushion and she jumped on it again at the same instant. So, thud! She hit the floor, and I felt terrible all in the same breath. She stood up holding her chin and I knew immediately that she had hit the sweet spot. I did a little patch work at home and Tom headed out the door with our little patient.
Tom checked in several times and said that Ellie was such a trooper and only cried when they gave her some numbing medicine. So, she received five outside and one internal stitch. For the next two days she walked around very proud of her injury and was all the talk in class. When we dropped her off for school the next day, all the boys wanted to know about was the blood. Did it bleed? How much blood was there? And in true four year old fashion proceeded to out do one another on war stories of blood and tears.

2 comments:

AWH said...

Holy moly - first I thought I was finding out on your blog that you were going to have another child, then I passed out as I read about Ellie's stitches. TOTALLY KIDDING. I did not pass out - but Ellie definitely sounds like she is more of a trooper than I am in dealing with such things :) Glad y'all survived the ER visit!

The Elliott's Adventures said...

that school is for sure gonna think there is something going on at home..i mean you forget to pick her up, she lies to come home, she's got stitches...