Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Big Confession...



Okay so I hope this is not falling on deaf ears but please tell me someone watched the season finale of "The Biggest Loser"??? I absolutely love this show!

As many of you know, I am not the most emotional of folks you'll meet. However, watching someone painfully considering whether or not finishing off a table full of food is a good idea and experiencing victory through that, makes me want to weep. Watching people change their life for the better is just such a thrilling and encouraging experience to me.

Of course, half the time that I am watching the show, I am either polishing off some ice cream with cookies in it or grabbing a bite to eat while my kids take their nap. I have even eat five pieces of chocolate fudge while writing this post. So while this show has very little impact on my own health per se, it is obvious that many people are being inspired. They are finding hope in the successes of others and it is just great. I love watching a person come from behind and rise to the occasion. I mean who doesn't?

So, I am depressed that the show is over and will need to find inspiration in something else around the house or on TV. While today is a sad moment for this stay at home CEO, thankfully the couples addition starts in just a few weeks. I love the Hollywood writers strike!

6 comments:

Susan said...

I'm with you, Leah. I have a soft spot for all things "self-improvement." And while Tuesday nights are supposed to be my cleaning night, I am usually weeping along with the Biggest Loser contestants. Even got a little teary when they were on the Today show yesterday... :)

mama becca said...

Of course, I'm in agreement with Susan, and therefore YOU! Sus always says that you and I are alike... and I'm starting to see more and more similarities... loving self-improvement reality shows, two kids close in age, adopting orphans, you know, normal stuff. And sus... why the heck do you clean? you'll learn...
haha...
love
becca

Anonymous said...

Umm...yah I totally watch the show!!!!!!! I was bummed when they voted off Kae. But what an ending!! I can't wait for the next one!!

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

I am totally with you! I LOVE the show. Last time we watched it, as soon as I finished crying, I jumped up and made my husband go to the gym with me - at 8pm!

KCG said...

Really? Now this surprises me. I think that show is cruel. Most of these people are overweight in the first place because of insecurities and issues, so they are the most ill-equipped to deal with being voted off the fat-farm. Also, they are paraded around in spandex and bare feet for all the world to see. There just has to be a kinder, gentler way to help people through their problems than by turning them into reality tv circus animals.

Right?

Lori said...

I cry every single episode of Biggest Loser. I disagree with the previous poster who says it's cruel: the contestants know that by signing on, spandex is in their future. And I think the trainers do a good amount of trying to get at the root of why they're so overweight. These conversations are what make me cry more than anything. And best: this show inspires people to go work out, which is always good.