Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas And The Last 10 Days Or So...






Papa & the Girls






It feels like forever since we have blogged and we really miss it. Like most of you, we have been consumed with Christmas, family and all the general aspects of this time of year. Nevertheless, we are back!

There is way to much material over the last 10 days to put into one post so we will hit some highlights.

On Saturday December 22, the Van Gilse family arrived with Di, Vic and Margaret (Leah's Mom, Dad and Aunt respectively). We had a great time, got lots of projects done and celebrated merrily. There were many Kodak moments, but my favorite had to be Di's quote on Christmas Eve morning. As we were all talking about the different things we wanted to do that day, Di said, "I tell you what, the only thing I want to do today are go to the liquor store and maybe take a shower." This really put Christmas in perspective for the whole family...

Another high note was our friend Ken joining the whole family for Christmas day. Apparently there were some logistical planning issues with Ken's family getting to DC this Christmas so we adopted him for the day. Ken is a fellow blogger and has a great sense of humor so we had good times. Check him out in your free time http://www.ntyamb.com/

One last highlight which really has nothing to do with Christmas at all was some commentary from Ellie yesterday. Leah's family left early in the morning so we were laying down trying to enjoy the quiet when Ellie ran in with a pair of Dora and Cinderella underpants. The conversation went as follows:

Ellie: "Look what I got!"

Tom & Leah: "Oh, some more underpants. What are you going to do with those?"

Ellie: "Ummm, I don't want the PSRK to get in my body and fall in the potty and get dirty, so I am holding these underpants."

Tom & Leah: "Oh really. That's interesting."

Ellie: "Yeah, and I just, I just, I just was playing with the potato heads and putting the purple shoes on the boys so the mother does not get mad, so I am holding these underpants."

Tom & Leah: "Really? That's good."

Ellie: "Yeah, and I just, I just, I just don't want Swiper to come in and get my ponies and live in my house and I will cry, so I am holding these underpants."

Tom & Leah: "Sounds good."

Ellie: "I think I am going to go put on my bathing suit and these two underpants."

Tom & Leah: "Ok."

We don't have a clue what any of this means, but we seem to be having a lot of these conversations with Ellie lately and it is all we can do not to lose it laughing. It must have something to do with her vocabulary increasing just as fast as her imagination, but the combination is hilarious.

Merry Christmas to you all and Happy New Year!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom and Leah,
Hello. My name is Tracy Cornett and I married Clay Cornett. I dont know if either of you remember us but we were in the Crusade circles at Ut and MTSU. A mutual friend Courtney G. Smith told me about your blog today. We are feeling lead to adopt and are interested in Ethiopia. I have a few questions for you. I was wondering if I could talk to you via email. If you have a chance you can email us at tracycornett@bellsouth.net
thanks! I have enjoyed reading your blog today!