Wednesday, December 5, 2007

O' Christmas Tree

Every Christmas, with exception of our first Christmas, we load up the car and head out in search of the most fragrant Fraser Fur. After a brief stop at the Scottish Christmas parade in Alexandria we were on our way. The girls were SO excited!


Enough said, but needless to say our tree looks great and after sloppy Joe's and hot dogs everyone made a full recovery. Under our tree is a nativity scene that was under my grandparents tree. It's not the best looking thing but it is a treasure to me. One of the sweetest moments yesterday was watching Ellison play with that Nativity set for close to an hour, making the people talk and "walking" them around the house. At one point I heard her say, "Baby Jesus, you look cold. Can I get you a blanket?" I remember going over to my grandparents house and making a dash for that nativity set and playing too. I just love this time of year, the glow of the tree makes even the darkest days seem hopeful.

1 comments:

Julie Wheatley said...

So I finally had to just sign up, after reading and re-reading for the better part of the day. I love y'alls blog and it's fun to "stay in touch" through the blog. Hopefully one day soon I'll see all of your faces. I think I've cried during Biggest Loser commericals and teared up reading this blog. Y'all are great. And now that I'm on expect many comments :)