Monday, April 7, 2008

Craigslist...A woman scorned


Doesn't this bike look perfect! This bike was listed last night, I emailed and called this morning. The owner said come by anytime after 6pm. This girl and I connected over the phone, we were the same height, same foot size, and the price was spot on for someone just starting to do triatholon's.
A friend of our's at church lives one block away from where this bike was waiting, she needed a ride home, this was lining up to be the perfect storm. As we drove up there were a few other people standing around the bike, and I started to get nervous. Tom parked the car, with the girls in the back, and I started walking towards the bike, the owner, and "the others." She looked at me and smiled I smiled back, and then I saw money being handed to her. She looked at me again as if she had just run over my dog. I turned away and walked back defeated, crushed and nauseous. If there is anyone reading this and has a heart to donate, give, or sell a road bike to a sweet sweet person who is 5 foot 2 inches please let us know or pray that we find on that is just as perfect as this bike. I am a woman scorned!

4 comments:

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Sorry for your loss, great job on the sense of humor anyway!

KCG said...

Oh! That is a wonderful bike. So sorry you missed it. A bike like that goes fast.

lacochran's evil twin said...

That sucks. Sorry.

Sparkz said...

That just means that there is another bike out there this is better for you anyway. Keep looking and when you do find the bike you'll look back and be glad you missed this one!