Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lunch with Dad

Quarterly, Tom starts asking me, "hey do you think you could bring the kids by for lunch?" I try to stall as long as I can coming up with a myriad of excuses. The process of bringing the crew down to his office is not a logistical nightmare, we just walk or take the train. Tom is in between offices so I have been known to get off the elevator at the wrong floor. That only causes a mild scene as the kids "bust" in on someone in a meeting or conference call. No, the bigger issue is what to do with them once they get there. Tom works with some of the most gracious folks who put up with our little visits and they really are dear to our children. I do love getting a chance to see them when we come. However, we want to make our daddy proud and that does not always go as planned. By this I mean, once we run out of food, all chaos breaks lose!


Addis with sister's flip flops.


Addis using table as climbing gym.


Ansley Mills showing me her "rock girl" face.


And the girls responding to, "guys did you have a good lunch with dad?"
As we leave to go home, I feel off the hook for at least another four months as I am sure Tom is quickly reminded why we do not do this more often. My favorite part is the commute to and from his office. On the way there we saw a women having lunch (at a sorta nice street side cafe) with her bird! Remember I love animals, but friends love your pets do not be IN love with your pets. And on the way home, we were passed the President's motorcade. We waved to our buddy Obama and continued on our way.

4 comments:

The Elliott's Adventures said...

can't believe how big addis is getting. and he is adorable!

Katie said...

that's about how it goes for lunch at irby's office. we now keep a bag of toys there. white boards and markers are always fun, but not as fun as the candy bowl...not sure who likes that more, little irbs or me!

The Trone's: James, Misty, and Bella Grace said...

love the 3 sippy cups lined up along w/ the diet coke!

Dr. K.Lo said...

i'd take them as interns... i mean i work with government