Thursday, September 24, 2009

Summer Came, Summer Went...


This was the "best" shot we got of the three beach bums while on vacation in South Carolina.


Addis and Tom after 11 hours in the car, ahh finally some sand!


Ellie running on the beach on our last evening at Harbor Island.

I mean is this just life with small children, or what. Good intentions just become a list of things not done. I believe the last time I posted I had lofty goals of being a regular blogger noting all the funny things kids said, and documenting our life. I had visions of a clean house, obedient children, clothes pressed, and projects finished. However, the reality is sad and borderline depressing... The house is at an all time disorganized mess, very few projects finished (and more adding weekly), clothes were forgotten in the washer (you should smell those) and the kids.. well they are precious but obedient is not a word we would use at the moment (we all have our days). But not all was lost.
We ended our summer with Tom taking two weeks off of work and spending one of those at Harbor Island in South Carolina. Tom's parents found a house for all of us to crash in together and it was a blast. The kids ran like crazy, slept hard and had a great time with family. Our garden (remember urban farming the series...ahhh) grew us some great grub that provided for us and others. Several of our meals would be made from the very thing we harvested hours before and there is nothing tastier or cheaper than that! I was able to read a dozen books both fiction and non-fiction, paint a few pictures for the kids rooms, and join the "stolen car" club.

Our friend Clelia came to stay with us for another month in July. Her sisters, one younger one older, stayed with friends too! While they were here we took everyone camping and spent a weekend in NYC (can not tell you how much i love that city). We have most recently celebrated Addis's year anniversary of being stateside. My how a year can change things...

So this blog has primarily been about bringing Addis home and our charmingly chaotic life. But now what, where do we go from here? Readers have left us and we lack direction. Perhaps that is one reason for my sporadic posts. I have thought "confessions of a deadbeat mom" yes I forgot the camera on the first day of school, and forgot the day I signed up to provide snacks for ellie's class. I turn in paperwork several weeks late and incomplete. So I have that angle working for me... but I am open to suggestions...

4 comments:

Matt Niemitz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt Niemitz said...

I'm still a loyal reader and as long as you routinely post pictures of your beautiful children, I will read each and every post. (Actually, I'll read every post no matter what, but the pictures make it better. And funny things Ellie says.)

carriehayes said...

what precious pictures of some CUTE kids!!!! i love your posts Leah! i can't believe addis has been here a year already!

Cindy Weil said...

I ready all your posts and love hearing about the kids, etc - having 3 young ones myself I can usually relate :) Ever since seeing you at the reunion and catching up - I have been reading - I hope you continue to blog.